Stones River County Club, December 11, 2018
Bill Spurlock, Rutherford County Director of Schools, gave a wonderful talk Tuesday. A few gee wiz numbers:
– Rutherford County is the 4th largest school system in the state
– Year 2000 = 21 County schools. 2018 = 47 schools. 2019 = 49 schools.
– Adding 1,110 students-a-year, 46,000 students
– Budget just over $389 million
– Severe teacher shortage
– Rutherford County spends $8,600 per student.
November 27, 2018
Brad Gibson is the Chief Business Officer of the Middle Tennessee Electric Membership. Several decades ago, electric membership cooperatives such as MTEMC brought electricity to rural area. Today, MTEMC has embarked on the project of bringing broadband Internet to our rural area.
October 23, 2018
District Governor Laquita Stribling spoke of how we, as a Rotary Club, MUST think outside the box…
Tuesday, October 16, 2017, Stones River County Club
Sean Gilliland of The Hope Clinic of Murfreesboro spoke of the need for The Hope Clinic.
Rotarian Raymond White is the definition of ‘Service Above Self’.
Raymond spoke of an organization – Project CURE – which rehabs older medical equipment such as ultrasound machines, then delivers the equipment and supplies to developing nations.